Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Support, Part 1

As a foster parent, you need lots of support. This is the post I've been struggling to write for awhile, maybe because I feel that I can't get enough of it. Support is one of the most important things we can give to others and receive. 

Lately I've been feeling very inadequate as a mother, wife, woman, person. I know that I'm a great mom and wife, but these thoughts have grabbed hold and refuse to let go. 

As this case has progressed we've been asked if we are interested in being J & B's forever family. It's so hard to say no and to explain to everyone why we made that decision. I love these boys, my boys, but Zach and I feel that we are not the forever family for them. It is very difficult to make the decision to let them go, it literally hurts my heart and I cry about it. However, I know they will be in a wonderful home soon and settled with wonderful parents for the rest of their lives. 

I know we are helping and doing something not everyone can do, but were not anymore special than the next person. We all have the things we can so and can't. Plus, it takes a village to raise a child, we're just part of the village. 

I really didn't cover all that I wanted to about support, and I do plan to in my next post, but I needed to talk about this today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment